Harper from Pixel Pantomime and I got together for this post and had a bit of an 80s thang goin’ on (hence the post title, love me some Blondie!)
Firstly I wanna talk about these new shoes from Baiastice. They are absolutely everything I want in a pair of shoes, cute, quirky and versatile. There’s an array of colours to choose from, as well as either a patent or snake pattern and the socks, o.m.g the socks. I have a little bit of an obsession for shoes with socks lately and I just don’t think there’s enough of them on the grid. They come with a HUD to change sock colour that has a few different patterns including plain, dotty and zebra.
I’m also wearing the new skirt and top from Emery that’s available at My Attic! Each of these are only 95Ls so you can easily treat yourself to a couple of colours! They’re both fantastic quality as Emery always is and for the price they’re easily my best buy this week. The necklace and earrings I’m wearing are a set by Maxi Gossamer at Collabor88 and are colour change like many of her pieces.
My glasses are by Adjunct at this months Mens Dept and the cuff I’m wearing is new from Inside Lab at SL Fashion Week! Both great accessories that I can easily wear with multiple outfits to create different looks. If you want to see Harper’s version of this pic (I wouldn’t bother, she basically cut me out of the entire picture, think she couldn’t handle the competition!) and her credits (coz it’s alllll about her!) then you can click here.
I decided to do Berry’s latest meme today as well, so bear with me while I ramble on a bit more!
1. How long have you been blogging? Since February 2012.
2. Why did you start blogging? As I started to spend less time in RP sims and discover the rest of SL, I began to play around with creating different looks and taking pictures. After a couple of months I decided I might as well share them on a blog instead of just looking at the pictures myself.
3. How many times a week do you post an entry? Varies, I try to do 3-4 but sometimes I might only do 2.
4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Hmm maybe 30? Pretty much all SL related. I used to read RL ones a long time ago but now my net browsing time is mostly taken up by looking at Flickr, SL Blogs or Tickld.
5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I am sooo guilty of not doing this enough and I really should do it more. Maybe this will light a fire under my ass now.
6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you’ve had? Yep I do!
7. Did you ever regret a post you wrote? I don’t think so, but I definitely look back at some of my earlier ones and think about how I could’ve improved the pics etc.
8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Hmm, not really. They definitely see a real side of me that loves shopping and dressing up and sometimes I try to put a bit of my humour into things, but I like to think there’s a lot more to me than omg I love this skirt/shoes/hair!
9. Do you blog under your real name? Nope, all SL for me.
10. Are there topics you would never blog about? Yes, RL things and things like religion or politics, because that’s entirely not the point of this blog.
11. What is the theme/topic of your blog? SL Fashion and shopping.
12. Do you have more than one blog? Nope just this one. I did have a Live Journal yeaaaaars ago, when I was about 17, and it was your typical teenage stuff “ohhh I like this boy, but then this boy kissed me and now idk what to do!”
13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? Meeting new people and making friends through Flickr and Plurk in the same community (still finding my feet with Plurk if I’m honest, always too self concious!) improving my PS skills and just generally having a hobby I love that I can spend my time on.
14. So why do you continue to blog? Coz I like it! When it stops being fun then I’ll stop doing it.
Hair – Cascade – Lelutka
Skin – Amberly 08 America – Glam Affair
Top – Sleeveless Shirt Destiny – Emery @ My Attic NEW
Skirt – Skirt Palms Irie – Emery @ My Attic NEW
Shoes – Jean Pumps – Baiastice
Glasses – Rainbow Readers – Adjunct Eyewear @ The Mens Dept NEW
Cuff – Buttoned Arm Cuff – Inside Lab @ SL Fashion Week NEW
Necklace and Earrings – Purse and Kitten Heels Set – Maxi Gossamer @ Collabor88
Pose – Del May